A Lifetime of Experience.
Don grew up in the horse industry as the son of the Owners of Cherry Meadow Farm School of Horsemanship in East Northport, New York. As a competitor, he went on to represent the United States as a member of the USET in international competition. As a coach, he has trained Olympic level riders around the world. He has over 50 years of full time experience with horses, 40 of those as a professional. He works with dressage and event horses, as well as hunters and jumpers. He has designed many arenas, facilities and event courses, built them himself from the ground up, and worked in literally hundreds of locations around the world.
In addition to his everyday work of teaching clinics and training horses, below are some of his career highlights:
- Studied with Jim Wofford, Col. Bengt Lundquist, Stewart Treviranus and Marilyn Mackay-Smith, among many others
- Trained at USET, 1972-1974, with Coach Jack LeGoff
- Won Team Gold, 1974 Three-Day Event World Championships, Burghley, England
- Certified Instructor, Morven Park International Equestrian Institute
- US Pony Club "A" Prep Clinician
- US Pony Club National Rally Judge
- Japanese Equestrian Federation, Three-Day Event Team; National Coach 1985-2006
- Served as USET Selection Committee Member
- USEF Course Designer
- Level IV Certified Instructor, USEA More importantly, Don was one of the four "Guiding Minds" in the development of the ICP curriculum, USEA Instructors Certification Committee, Workshop Faculty and one of 4 original Assessors for the program. More importantly, Don was one of 4 creators of the ICP curriculum.
- Worked around the world, including Japan, England, Scotland, Ireland, Puerto Rico, Australia, Canada, Mexico and Guatemala
- Impeccable Safety Record for over 40 years
Don Sachey Equine Services
P.O. Box 6113
Santa Barbara, CA 93160